Wednesday, September 7, 2011

When I'm Bored, I Bake!



I've decided that there is no possible way that I will ever be super skinny... Simply put: I just love to bake too much! Baking is one of my favorite pass times, I think I made my first coffee cake when I was about 9 using my 4H cookbook. A committed "American Girl" my sister and I loved cooking new recipes out of our Felicity and Kirsten cookbooks. Oh how I wish I still had that book... :) I'll never forget the time Cait and I decided to have our own restaurant at the house when Gma Judy was visiting one time. We had menus and a four course meal complete with desert. So Fun!

Last night I was craving cookies, but I had a dilemma! I have NO chocolate in my house!!! No chocolate chips, no baking cocoa, nothing! So I decided to pull out one of my cook books and looked for something that I actually had all the ingredients for and I found the classic "Cinnamon Coffee Cake" in my Taste of Home cookbook.


Not going to toot my own horn, but this was seriously the best coffee cake I've ever had! So moist! Not to mention the cake batter was delish as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment