Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ezekiel James...

This is a little late coming but to be honest its been a rough couple of months at the Cuff household... After a fairly easy 31 weeks of pregnancy our little Ezekiel James decided he wanted to grace us with his presence early and very unexpected.

After enduring a weekend of what I thought were just Braxton hicks contractions Brian finally talked me into calling the Dr. and we ended up going to the hospital for an hour of observation. Little did I know that It would be 2 weeks before I would get to breath fresh air or walk outside. An hour goes by and they decide to do a little test to see if I was going into later and to my Doctors surprise I was already there. I was half way done with labor! Dilated to 5 cm and 100% effaced there was no going back and unfortunately for my I was going to get to stay in a hospital room until this little baby of mine arrived! No big deal right just have the kid and go home in 2 days..... Nope!

Because I wasn't even 32 weeks yet I had to get steroid shots in hopes that they would help mature Ezekiel's lungs. I also had to be on an IV because I hadn't been tested yet for Group Strep B and had to be put on antibiotics "just in case" I was positive. You see at 32 weeks of gestation a babies lung are not quite ready to breath air, nor are they ready to eat like a normal term baby. I had to meet a NICU Dr. who told me that my baby might get to stay in the hospital for a couple of months because he most likely only weighed about 4 lbs and would need help breathing, eating, and developmentally would be behind other babies because he just wasn't finished growing. Talk about being an emotional wreck!!!!!! All that on top of being freaked out about delivering my first child!

No one at the hospital was able to give me an estimated day of delivery... They said he could arrive in 2 hours or 2 weeks... What we did know is that for every day he didn't come he would have to be in the NICU for 2 less days! So we got to wait.... and wait.... and wait....



Last Prego Picture



This is all I got to do....


My home for a few weeks...


1 comment: